View Single Post
slpender 06:20 AM 09-11-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That is a good idea, but I am really just trying to either be a family childcare provider or a preschool teacher that does not deal with anything but the preschool age.
As a FCC provider, I am just feeling as though for the little money we earn/are paid it is not worth all the effort we put into all these fancy curriculums and scheduled routines.

I am looking to focus more on the other thing you mentioned.....the wonderful feeling we get when a child learns something that was not pre-planned but simply learned through regular daily interaction with playmates and friends. Every activity is a "teachable moment" it just doesn't always have to come from elaborate pre-packaged curriculums that we devote hours and hours of time and money investing in....
Black cat I agree with you on this also. The children still learn everything they need to know while playing. My daughter learned all her numbers 1-10 playing on our playroom hopscotch rug not through a planned activity. The children take part in the art more if I just randomly pull things and leave them out to explore on their own. My 3 yr olds would play outside all day if I allow it.

Over the last few weeks I have thrown all my lesson plans out the window and the only scheduled activites are breakfast, lunch, nap and snack and my days are much more enjoyable.