View Single Post
misol 01:30 PM 10-27-2010
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
i agree except i'd be a little weirded out to have to face a corner to bf! lol.
i used to do it in public - i remember one time doing it at wal mart on a bench (with a blanket draped so even if anyone did know, they couldn't see). i'd usually go to a restroom to get adjusted and then go from there. if i was at home and had company - or if my husband had friends over, i'd just walk into the other room and stand there with a blanket draped. i didn't care that they knew what i was doing, but you can still be discreet without "hiding." his friends would talk to me or he would say something as simple as "is she STILL eating?" i don't think anyone with half a brain is uncomfortable with BFing these days. if they are, maybe their mother didn't breastfeed!
Oh, facing the corner is totally optional for the mom. I was offering that as an alternative in case the mom felt the sofa wasn't private enough. I also did it in public with a draped blanket but I never went to a restroom. I just think public restrooms are unsanitary and since I wouldn't eat in one, I don't want my babies to eat in one either

Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
Here is a question for everyone- Do large facilities/preschools allow breast feeding mothers at all hrs. of the day breastfeeding their children? I am just curious!! I think it would be interesting to find out if they allow this all day.
The daycare center that I took my children to was right across the street from where I worked at the time. I made sure to ask about nursing my baby on the premises before I signed the contract and they said no problem. They even put a rocking chair in a closet for me so that I could have some privacy.

Regardless of a center's true feelings about bf'ing, I think that most would allow it out of fear of legal action if they said no. They may try to discourage it but I doubt they would come right out and say no or have a written policy prohibiting it.