View Single Post
DCBlessings27 11:53 AM 07-27-2012
My ob doesn't offer weekend, early morning, or evening appointments. The latest they stay open is 6pm and on Thursdays only--at a location clear across town. I guess I'm fortunate enough to have family in town because my mom has been my sub since starting the daycare and now my mil is going to take over since my sil closed hers.

If it's too much of a pain to hire someone, then the important appointments are the ultrasounds--the first appointment and then one around 20 weeks. You could close for those important ones--you don't have to tell your dcps why you're closed. Yes, my dh loves hearing the heartbeat too, but it's not something he needs to be there for when the other appointments are just to check my blood pressure and see if baby is growing. So, if it saves you stress, then it might be worth just closing for the major appointments and letting your dh watch the kids.

On the other hand, it might be easier to hire someone now for appointments if you plan on having an asst. watch kids after the baby comes. That way, you would know if the asst. is reliable before you're sleep deprived and dealing with a newborn. Plus, if you go into labor early, your asst. will hopefully be waiting for your call. When I had my first child, I was teaching. I had my lessons/worksheets/everything ready, so my substitute just took over on Tuesday after I had dd Monday night. (I know it's not the same exactly, but it's similar.)