View Single Post
DancingQueen 10:07 AM 09-17-2010
I am a mother of 4 kids (4-16) I've been known to raise my voice with my own children (oh - I'd say a couple of times ).
But during daycare hours I normally don't raise my voice. But I'm having issues with the 3 that I have right now. They just don't listen, no matter how many times they are asked not to do something.
I have my "DANGER" voice that I use when someone is about to do something very dangerous - that is when I normally raise my voice. If someone is about to touch something hot or touch an outlet (even though they all have protectors in them). But I find that the crew I have now just keeps on doing what they were doing when I speak to them UNTIL I call their name in my danger voice.
I dont' like it. I don't like raising my voice to them at all. It makes me feel like I don't have patience with them or something - but that isn't the case at all.

I dont' do this all the time - but if I'm changing a diaper and can't walk away from the changing table and I see someone hurting someone else.. I start off saying "G.. please don't do that - that is not nice" No response. "G... " NOTHING - they just keep right on doing it. Finally (since, again - I can't leave the changing table) I shout "G!" and he looks at me - I now have his attention and I calmly tell him to stop and he does.

Am I alone? I can't even begin to express how much I HATE raising my voice to other people's children.