View Single Post
Sugar Magnolia 11:18 AM 10-07-2013
Hearing impaired is not a big deal. No special accommodations needed. As a hh person myself, the only special need I have is "tap me on the shoulder if I appear to have not heard you." Speak to the child when she is facing you, make eye contact, learn and use basic.signs. It's pretty simple. Yes, parents of hh children tend to get offended if you imply (or parents perceive you are implying) that something is "wrong" with their child.

Sounds like the heading impairment is not the main issue,.it's lack of nap,.am I right? Napping and hearing impairment should have nothing to do with each other. If the.child.can't function as part of your group, you should term. But I would leave hearing impairment out of the conversation.

Kids learn sign quickly. But YOU have to be willing to learn it yourself. Every child in my program knows yes, no, help, hungry, thirsty, potty and more. Very very basic. Very very easy, it's really not that "special". For what it's worth, not all hearing impaired people use or want hearing aids. I choose to not to.