View Single Post
nanglgrl 11:34 AM 01-16-2018
I do the same as Blackcat because of Blackcats advice on here. The only difference is my rates go up every 15/30 minutes after 3:30. The way I determine part time/full time is also different. Determining if it’s part time or full time depends on what I have available first and then depends on days/hours. Drop off can be anywhere between 7:30-9:30 am but is the same rate if you drop off at 7:30 or 9:30 and a 3:00 pick up isn’t cheaper than a 3:30 pick up.
I wanted off at 3:30 and didn’t want pick up at 3:00 when children were just getting up from nap so that’s the time I chose for my base rate. 7:30-3:30 or 9:30-3:30 is $125. $125 is what the average provider charges in my area for a full day, open-close schedule. That rate goes up every 15/30 minutes thereafter. When I closed at 5:30 the rate went up the most between 4 and 5:30. This made it so everyone was picking up by 4 and now that’s been my closing time for years and I can’t imagine going back to 5:30.
My part time rate isn’t concrete. It depends on if the schedule works around another schedule, how many hours/days, what times are pick up and drop off (how disruptive it is) and the age of the child (I don’t do part time rates for under 18 months). Parents who are given a part time rate because their schedule works around another schedule are made aware that their rate could change if the other schedule changes.