View Single Post
Play Care 11:06 AM 09-06-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I have had issues with (what I thought to be/was diagnosed as having) IBS my entire adult life. In the last 6ish months, it has escalated to the point that I made an appt with my doctor to have it checked out. I had a barium xray done today, as well as lab work. I was put on a prescription anti-diarrhea med and prednisone that tapers up over the next 10 days and PRN vicodin. Then I have to have a colonoscopy done. (EEK, the barium enema was BAD ENOUGH).

There is blood in my stool (sorry, tmi) and I have ulcers in my intestine.

I have a very healthy diet, manage stress well, I don't smoke and only occasionally drink. I also have PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome) so the combination of cramping in my abdomen is pretty bad.

Anyone have this? know someone who does? Does a diet change help? Hurt? I am super concerned about the prednisone, I was on it once before for severe pneumonia and gained 15lbs in a month.
My twin sister has Chron's. She has what is considered a "moderate" case and has had two surgeries to remove sections of intestines - the most recent was last summer. I know she was on Humeria and does take steroids but not all the time. Oh, and she has said the worst part of the colonoscopy is the prep part, the actual procedure isn't a big deal (I think they put you under? ) Sending good thoughts your way!
http://www.crohnsandcolitisinfo.com/...ast_ggl_035467