View Single Post
Poptarts22 09:53 AM 12-26-2017
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I always reply with "I understand your point of view, but this is how Ms. XXXX operates." This is why I have a 3-step process because the client, as well as myself, have time to consider all aspects of expectations from each other. I have found if someone wants your servces they will do what it takes to comply. There have been so many times, clients have said "I can't be there at that time for pickup" but then they enroll and magically they are there at the correct time for pickup. They pick up on the non-negotiable tone. I am not heartless but through 25+ years have learned to put my own family needs first, not mastered it but working hard on it and much better. Good luck to you in doing the same!
Couple years ago I had a mom who simply couldn’t make my pickup time (supposedly) so I negotiated her pick up time. For months I found myself resentful because I was staying later than I wanted to. Then, this same mom enrollled her two kids in dance lessons and was magically able to make an early pickup to get them to dance. That was the day I insisted on going back to my previous pick up and no longer negotiated. People make things work when they WaNT to...