View Single Post
daycare 09:20 AM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
while I agree with you, its not always that cut or dry. we have been at points in our life where it is literally pay check to pay check. losing one child would mean either our house foreclosed on or our car repossesed. i hate for anyone to be that close with finances because I know how that feels....to keep kids that arent meshing well because you cannot find a replacement and literally, will be homeless if you cannot bring in income. please dont be too hard on the OP or others that have a hard time with these decisions. Maybe you have never been in that unfortunate scenario but other people are/have.
I agree with you about the need of money...I myself have had to take jobs that I hated so that I could put food on the table for my kids. When I was a single mom, I was the janitor of my kids preschool, so that I could get a discount. Do you really think that I enjoyed cleaning up after 150 preschool kids 5 days a week???? Horrific.

there are times we all need to do things to make ends meet. When I was in college, I had to bartend to pay for my schooling, a very demeaning job where I was sexually harassed each day by fellow employees or customers. But If I didn't have the job, then I would have been living on the streets..... All that I am saying, is that there are times that we need to stick things out. My dad had a saying to me as a child "When things are difficult, strong people take action and do not despair".......

For those that can say term, obviously are not thinking about the providers financial situation here. I am sure that if the provider could afford to term she would.

Just wondering OP have you talked to the family about any of this? Perhaps having a nice talk with them will put an end to all of these uncomfortable feelings you have.