View Single Post
childcaremom 09:12 AM 03-29-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You are NOT doing anything wrong but sometimes some kids just don't mesh well with your program. Doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you, your DH or the child. Just not a good fit for each other.

As for mom/dad helping, all they can really do is continually reinforce no aggressive behavior. They can role model pro social behaviors so that DCB can see how we treat each other and how personal space is everyone's right.

He might just be that personality type that likes to get a rise out of others...sometimes its simply in their DNA but it doesnt mean there is anything wrong with him, his parents, you/your program etc.... Its really no different than other personality traits.

Some kids are extroverts and others are introverts but no matter what temperament or personality traits we have, we all learn how to behave well in social situations but that doesn't mean you have to continue dealing with it. As a self-employed business owner, it's up to you (and DH) to decide if it's worth continuing to redirect, shadow and stay on top of.... If not, don't feel bad terming. It is what it is.

This is exactly what I told my dcm. That it wasn't a reflection of the child, of me, or the parents. (my dcps had tried, and I gave them a longer "trial" because we were both working on it)

I framed it to be in dcb's best interest: Dcb needs to be somewhere where he can be successful. He is not responding to your redirection or shadowing attempts. At this point, a change of scenery would be in dcb's best interest.