Thread: Confidentiality
View Single Post
ConcernedMotherof2 05:28 AM 08-21-2009
Originally Posted by ladymom123:
i need major help! im having problems with my daughter's father. and basically hes a dead beat. his mother is crazy...and i mean litterally crazy. and i feel she is a danger to have near my daughter. well see, i have a new boyfriend now and i moved in here with him, and choose not to have any contact with my child's father or his mother anymore. i dont want him to know where i live or what daycare i put my daughter in, because im afraid that his mom and him will try to pick her up and kidnap her. so i didnt let him know my address, or what daycare i was putting my daughter in. but the thing is..today i found out that a friend of my child's father is the girl thats been watching my daughter at the daycare!!!!!! not only that but she gave him private information on what daycare shes in,what transportation i use to get there, and what time i pick her up. for all i know, she probabally gave my address as well!!! i tried to confront the daycare, but they said they dismissed her a while now. what do i do???? i feel like suing the daycare! its their responcibility to keep private information concealed. im so lucky that his mother didnt pick her up and try to kidnap her since she knew where my daughter was during the day. and to top that off, one day i went to pick my daughter up and they told me they moved her to a different room, so when i went to get her, the lady that was watching my daughter, tried to pawn 3 kids off to me saying it was my child when it wasent.she didnt even ask for i.d she was just eager to get rid of any child and to whom whoever! then when i confronted them for not only having the employee give private info out but to also say how the lady watching kids tried to pawn them off.her own responce was that she dismissed "both" of them a while ago. i think i have a case. do I????

On the privacy issue, you only have a case if you have an order of protection (or PFA or whatever your state calls it) against your child's father and/or his mother. I don't know what state you're in, but in every state I've been in, the father has as much right to the child as the mother. As far as the dc trying to give you children that were not yours and not asking for ID, you shouldn't be using that dc anymore--I know I would have taken my kids and ran. That is a major issue and you have to wonder about the safety of your child in their care. I don't know if you have a case for a law suit, you'd have to ask a lawyer about that, but you definitely have cause to report the dc to DCS. I hope this works out for you--keep us posted.