Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Blackcat31 10:08 AM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by storybookending:

As for the 2-4 inches I am not even bothered by it at this point. I have never seen this much snow in my lifetime. The weatherman said that February has officially been our snowiest month on record and we have already surpassed totals to make this our snowiest winter on record. There is no where left to put the snow. Some area towns have instructed their residents to stop shoveling sidewalks as they have decided the best solution is to plow all the extra snow on the roads on to them. I plow paths through my backyard so we can still have outdoors time and the children could essentially jump the fence if they were so inclined as the snow piled up next to it is only 1-2 feet from the top. I have pictures of the kids standing by it because it’s hilarious. And to think I have a picture of them chasing my sister around the backyard that is dated January 16th and there is zero snow on the ground and just a bit of ice. It’s insanity. I’m more concerned about the melting process. My garage roof leaks on a mild winter, I had it raked once but it’s piled up again and now there is ice build up as it reached above freezing temps last weekend and some started to melt and then refroze. There’s been a few reports or area businesses and barns that have actually had their roofs collapse. Never seen anything like this.
This tells me how old you are.

This is really more normal for every winter I've ever experienced. It's only been since the mid 90ies that things have been more mild as far as snow fall goes.

The last winter that it was like this was probably when you were about 2 yrs old.

Anyways.....it's started snowing here.