View Single Post
knoxmomof2 02:11 PM 07-08-2019
I would just mention to Mom every few days that she's still not drinking anything. Not as a nag, just a part of the rundown on her day. For example, I have a 2.5 year old that gets a lot of milk at home, so she has little rabbit pellet poops and struggles to poop. Once or twice she's been constipated, so I tell the parents every day at pick up if she pooped or not. We know that every few days is normal for her, so if she poops here or at home, we'll tell each other and then we know that she's fine and it doesn't need to be discussed for a few days. I wouldn't want her to get badly constipated and have no one know about it.

In your case, Mom knows so every day isn't necessary, but every few just to let her know it's still an issue so that it can't be said you didn't tell them there was a problem. "Good day, ate a lot but she's still not drinking a thing." I'm a fan of keeping things simple, so I wouldn't go way out of my way to change anything to entice her to drink, but ice cubes are cool to look at and listen to when you're drinking so if you want to do something to encourage her a little without adding sugars and such, you can always do that. Yes, everyone will want some but you can do where you only add it at the beginning of the day and then they only get more ice with refills. My 1.5 year old loves to shake her sippy cup and hear the ice cubes clink.