Thread: Wwyd?
View Single Post
Unregistered 09:48 AM 10-06-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I would tell the director exactly what you saw and I'd mention fear of retaliation. Let her/him (the director) know that regardless of the relationship between a child/student and the child's parent pinching is NOT okay.

I would schedule a private meeting with the director. I highly doubt she/he would share anything told to her in private as confidentiality in the world or early childhood is expected and commonplace.

I am sure the director is not going to out right say "So and so came and told me X" I would think the normal protocol would be to not leave the teacher alone with small kids, transfer her to a different room so that the kids she is in charge of can speak or perhaps reviewing video footage of the incident (if your center has cameras) or maybe even just observing her for future incidences.

I don't know...I can't say for sure what will or won't happen or even what your centers standard procedure is for this type of thing but this whole thing breaks my heart...

Imagine if this teacher feels so comfortable pinching a defenseless baby simply because she has a personal relationship with the child's mother then what do you think she might do when she has no connection to a child and knows no one is watching??

I personally would speak up to not only the teacher herself, but I'd tell the mom, your director and I'd make darn sure that is anyone tried to retaliate for my whistleblowing, I'd go straight to licensing too!

Im sorry you are in this position but good for you for standing up for this poor baby!
Ok, I like this private meeting with the director idea. I do know that the schools have cameras that live stream out to the parents (via subscription) and it's easily provable. My main fear is why a teacher would feel so comfortable pinching a kid at all. At the end of the day, she's at work. God only knows what she does to other kids!

Originally Posted by TXhomedaycare:
I would call up their like an adult and tell the director what happened and let them handle the rest. If you are concerned for your child's safety or that she might retaliate then I wouldn't keep my child at that school anyway (it sounds like you don't trust her). Tell the director you want to remain anonymous unless necessary but please keep in mind if this was your child that got hurt and someone else saw it how would you feel if they were more concerned with being anonymous than your child's safety.
I'm not more concerned with being anonymous than the kid's safety. I'd prefer to remain anonymous because let's be honest, not everyone is comfortable with confrontation. It just is a fact of life -- not a testament to adulthood.
If I can be anonymous AND report what happened, that'd be ideal.