View Single Post
Annalee 06:08 AM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I've posted about this before. It has been coming for a while. We will soon have to adopt HR rules to enforce "accountability" of providers. It is no longer "professional" to not be able to manage all behavioral issues without complaint. After all, the goal is to keep parents at work, kids out of their homes and everyone on the same curriculum with the same environment from birth on. One nation, under core.

Public schools now require armed resource officers because of similar legislation. Will we soon qualify to hire them, too?

While I fully support leveling the playing field for poor children (or kids with disengaged parents), I disagree this is the way to do it. I think we should look for the middle ground.
This is the argument here....with the new rules coming (and they are here just awaiting the date to be implemented), is the state/federal going to pay for education to diagnose such issues or pay for qualified personnel to be on staff in our programs to deal with these diagnosed issues in children. Providers here have had to develop "explulsion policies" but it is like everything else, gotta be careful with the wording and not sure theh state isn't going to give us "their" expulsion policy. Just another way for the our programs to be "dictated with unrealistic/crazy rules".