View Single Post
Cat Herder 06:34 AM 08-22-2019
34 8/16/2019 Booneville, MS 94 Boy 21 mo
33 8/16/2019 Lindenwold, NJ 88 Milliani Robertson-Lawrence 22 mo

34. "BOONEVILLE, Miss. (AP) — Police are investigating after a toddler was found dead in a hot car in northeast Mississippi.

Booneville Police Chief Michael Ramey said the 21-month-old boy was found dead around 5 p.m. Friday in the parking lot of Mighty Cubs Daycare. Police say it appears the child had been left in the car for several hours.

That daycare shares a parking lot with an adult day care, but police said neither business had anything to do with the child's death.

Ramey says the child appears to have been left in the vehicle at a workplace elsewhere in Booneville and wasn’t discovered until the vehicle arrived at the day care.

"It's definitely a tragedy for the family and friends of this young child. It's a tragedy for the whole community here," Booneville Police Chief Michael Ramey said. "That child was left in that vehicle for several hours, and one of the parents had went to the daycare to pick the child up that evening. That's when it was noticed the child was still in the vehicle."

No one has been charged, but Ramey says officers are gathering video and statements.

Ramey did not name the child, and he stressed that the daycare was in no way responsible for the infant's death.

The body was sent to Pearl for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.

Ramey said family members are still being interviewed and said the infant’s death is “devastating” to the community." - https://wreg.com/2019/08/20/toddler-...h-mississippi/

33. A 22-month-old girl died Friday afternoon after being left inside a hot car in New Jersey.

Milliani Robertson-Lawrence was found unresponsive inside the vehicle outside the PATCO High Speed Line in Lindenwold, according to the Camden County Prosecutor's Office. The car's passenger window had been broken.

The girl's father, Nasir Lawrence, told KYW-TV he was devastated.

“Once I got the call, I thought it was a joke,” Lawrence said. “I pretty much broke down and lost my mind.”

Lawrence said that Milliani had been in the care of relatives while he was serving time in jail. He was trying to regain custody, he said.

“How do you forget that there’s a 2-year-old who makes a lot of noise in the car?” he asked. “... You killed my daughter. You took her from me.”

No charges have been filed and it's not clear how the girl ended up in the car or why the window was broken.

The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office at 856-676-8175 or email [email protected].

The majority of hot car deaths are accidental, according to NoHeatStroke.org. On average, 38 children a year die from heatstroke sustained from being left inside a vehicle. Last year was the deadliest on record, with 52 children dying inside hot cars. " - https://www.insideedition.com/father...daughter-55344