View Single Post
Leigh 02:17 PM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by e.j.:
I really like how you think!

This thread reminds me of a 3 year old dcb I had years ago. He was my neighbor's nephew and I agreed to take him as a drop in one day. My neighbor asked what I was giving the kids for lunch and when I told her, she said, "Oh no! He hates that! He's going to make himself puke."

Sure enough, as soon as I put his plate in front of him, he started trying. I looked him in the eye and quietly but firmly said, "Don't. You. Dare. If you puke, I will not pick it up for you. You will be the one who picks it up." I think I had the element of surprise on my side; I doubt he expected me to react the way I did and so quickly. We had a stare-off for a few seconds and then he settled in and ate his entire lunch! I was so glad my neighbor had warned me and that dcb didn't test me! It was when I first started out doing day care so I probably would have kept him instead of calling his parents. I wouldn't do that now.
This is exactly how I stopped the 2 kids I used to have who pooped their pants when they were told no or didn't get their way (4 year olds). They actually did clean it up. The pooping stopped.