View Single Post
Heidi 09:37 AM 09-14-2015
This discussion is getting so old, it should be dead by now.

As daycare providers providing care for a group of children, we need to do what's best for the group of children, and we need to provide cost-effective care for parents.

Part of the way we do that is most of us require an afternoon quiet time. If we didn't, we'd need to provide another staff member just for awake children. Most parents aren't willing or able to pay for that staff member.

If one child is awake, what are the chances that he or she will be quiet enough to allow the other children to sleep? Having two children at home is a very different thing than having 7-10 in a daycare setting. Have you ever been to a child's birthday party? That is what childcare is like...a birthday party for 1-5 year olds EVERY DAY. Oh...and all the parents left the hostess in charge.

Seems to me that I wouldn't go to my husband's car dealership and tell him he's selling cars wrong, or go to my local hospital and tell the nurses how to do their jobs. I don't DO their jobs, so I simply don't have the experience to say "this is how it should be done". Even center people and family childcare people differ in their approaches because of staffing and space.

I've never known a customer service based business person to say "I'm going to do whatever I want...screw the customers". That's NOT our motivation. It's ridiculous. We do what works and follow our regulations. Sometimes, we can't please everyone.

You woudn't go to your bank drive thru and get mad because they can't give you 20 rolls of coin through the drive up tube (I hope). They can't do it, they won't do it. It's unlikely you'd find another bank that will. There's a reason...it DOESN"T work!