View Single Post
Crazy8 09:47 AM 10-03-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Now I know that I do not have to defend myself or my choices to you but...this is one of the places that you are very cynical I think, and have a hard time ever giving ANYONE the benefit of the doubt. This is NOT a flaky client; I had my doubts when she started (young and single) but she is a fantastic daycare parent. I would NOT have done this for anyone I didn't trust.

I understand that you've been doing this for a long time, nanny, but I really think that along with experience this has given you a heaping helping of cynicism. You rarely (if ever) seem to think that our clients are anything but out to get us, to screw us over, and to get more than their money's worth. Maybe many are, maybe MOST are, but that does not mean all are. Many daycare parents do keep their kids home when sick, pay on time, pay extra when needed, and take a leg up when it's offered.

She did not call me up asking for a concession. She apologized for short notice and offered me money for this week and next if it would help. She is NOT one of the parents you seem most familiar with. I read people well, and I trust my gut. When she finds a better job with more hours and better pay, she'll start paying me more again--I KNOW this. I TRUST this. I TRUST her, and I TRUST my impression of her and my feelings about her.

I've never been a single mom, but I sure have been in positions where I desperately wished there was someone to cut me a break, give me a hand, and help me out of a sucky situation. I'm in one of those situations right now...and I chose to pay it forward by helping someone else out.

Watch the way you say things...it comes off harsh, cynical, and entirely unfair sometimes.
You are awesome Silver!!! I think you are doing a wonderful thing and I believe in karma.