View Single Post
GretasLittleFriends 06:10 AM 09-07-2010
I pick a theme and try to stick with it. For example, last Christmas each child got a book and a stuffed toy to go with the book. One got a book about a bunny, then a stuffed bunny to go with the book, another got a book about a mermaid and I found a stuffed mermaid. The only one that truly matched was I gave the infant in my care at the time the Velveteen Rabbit book and the Velveteen Rabbit to go with it. The majority of the books were from thrift stores, but in excellent condition. The stuffed toys were new.

For their birthdays this year they are each getting a puzzle and a corresponding coloring book with crayons. With the exception of the ones 2 and younger. Example, I just had a child celebrate his 6th birthday. He got an "Iron Man" floor puzzle and an Iron Man coloring poster pack that came with markers. Another child earlier celebrated his 5th birthday and he got a transformers puzzle, transformer coloring book and a 24 pack of crayons. The children turning 2 or less get a wooden puzzle (age appropriate) and a corresponding book. I have a boy turning 2 at the end of this month and I picked up a sesame street puzzle (9 pieces) and will pick up a sesame street (cardboard) story book.