View Single Post
KidGrind 07:08 AM 11-15-2015
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Yes, she shouldn't withhold any papers you signed from you. She is able to keep the original, but you should request for her to make a copy. If she says she doesn't have a copy machine, but would print an additional copy, DON'T SIGN THE ADDITIONAL COPY because she may have added what she really needs to save her butt....get what I mean? If she wants her to sign a copy that was newly printed, ask for the original and compare and if your signature is on that original I still WOUDN'T SIGN A NEW COPY....why?!--The contract you signed may have had a expiration date. It might have had wording that said this contract is valid from this date to this date or 1 year from the signature or something along those lines. Anyways, just DON'T sign anything new. She should be able to provide you with a copy that has your signature already on it.

I would call first thing Monday morning and tell her you'll stop by soon (before nap time) to pick it up. You can even ask her to make a copy and leave it outside the door, BUT if it's not exactly what paperwork you're looking for then it's best to see her face to face and verify that is what you were looking for. If she is unable to get it to you that day, I would say sometime Tuesday at the latest....she didn't give you much notice and she is required to have anything on hand for paperwork.
YOU have the responsibility to ensure you get copies of anything you signed. The provider doesn’t have to give you a copy a year down the road.

As a parent, I would just see her in court have my dates straight and keep any communication to prove she terminated. You of course may win or lose.