Thread: Nanny Share
View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 12:30 PM 12-28-2016
Originally Posted by twest1267:
Hi all I am located in Livermore california and a single mom with a live-in Nanny and trying to find a way to streamline daycare costs so I am looking for a family that has a child 1 year or older that would like to nanny share between the hours of 7am to 3:30pm. My Nanny is amazing and has been caring for my son since he was 2 months old. Care would be in my home. If interested please contact me directly.
This is not a "nanny share". As posted above, if you are bringing other kids in to YOUR home, you would need to reference daycare regulations.

A nanny share is when two or more families use the same nanny, but at different times. An example would be if you only need a nanny 3 days a week and your friend needs someone 2 days a week. You hire someone to both use, but care is at your respective homes and you pay her separately as employers. Many nannies are looking for full time jobs, so by nanny sharing, you can get nanny care at a part time price. What you are describing anove is a way to use your live in nanny to make side income providing daycare in your home, in which case, you need to do your homework on licensing and CA daycare rules.