View Single Post
AnythingsPossible 06:15 AM 03-18-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
I had a mom who let her 2.5 year old ride to daycare without a carseat...no buckle, front seat. I asked Mom why Miss S wasn't in her seat and Mom said, "oh, it's just a couple of blocks (true) and she doesn't WANT to ride in it here."

I told her I understood, but that S should really be in her seat, after all she could get hit pulling out of the driveway. Mom said, "I'm not worried about it."

So, I responsed: "I understand, but I'm a mandated reporter, I'm obligated to report, so I would appreciate it if you didn't put me in that position."

End of problem...
I called our DFS office when she repeatedly left without buckling him and they told me they wouldn't do anything in the situation, I would have to call the police department and report her as she left.
At the time, not having you child buckled was not a "pull over" offense, they would only pull her over if she did something to require them to pull her over, then they could ticket her for not having her child buckled.
I asked if they would atleast do extra patrols around my area during pick up times in hopes that would make mom think to buckle, but it didn't do any good.