View Single Post
bunnyslippers 05:58 AM 02-06-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I cannot even begin to list the benefits of having a separate space.

Whether it is an entire house or just the basement....it seriously makes ALL the difference.
I couldn't agree more with this! Our daycare is in the finished basement, separate from the rest of our home. My two little boys are able to have their own home, with their own toys, completely independent of the daycare. At the end of the day, I shut the door and we do not look at the space again. I honestly do not think my business would have been successful if it had been in my daily living space. It really would overrun my home and my family time.

I am sorry you are struggling with your marriage and your home environment. I think that, as wives and mothers, we focus so much on making sure everyone in our homes are happy that we sometimes lose sight of what an important role we play each day. It sounds like you are making the right steps to getting your family on board. I hope it gets better for you ~ and I really do encourage you to find a way to separate it from the rest of your space! Good luck ~~~~