View Single Post
momofsix 11:55 AM 04-26-2010
I can't afford to buy one either, so I make up my own. I realized when I homeschooled our girls that I never could find a pre-made curriculum that I liked. I might like their science experiments, but history was boring...never found one that had it all, so even then I usually made my own by combining different ideas and putting them together my own way. I think curriculum has to be something that really works with you, the provider, or it isn't going to do anything for your kids.
Also, don't get too caught up on worksheets or "teaching" them any hard concepts. it will only stress you and the kids out. Kids learn best when they are discovering things themselves by actively doing--for example, back to my farm theme
Seeds: to touch, open, play with in texture tub, plant in dirt
Just in this one thing they are learning what seeds are, what they look and feel like, what they need to grow, how to pour and measure, how to count... and it includes science, math, fine motor, cause and effect...
Almost anything we do can be a learning experience for our kids, and it doesn't have to cost a lot of money!