View Single Post
Unregistered 07:03 AM 09-12-2011
I suggest you network with other daycare providers- connect, if no groups in your area, maybe start one up. Phone a friend or two during the day to bounce off of.

Don't block out the kid's using your ipod. Not even an option. You need to be all ears for all the children at all times. I understand you wanting to do this..........have all been there. Crying is very grating on the nerves, not not even an option to block out kids. Remove the kid first or learn to deal with it- networking can be very helpful.....here and in real life friendships of others who do daycare.

Don't work at five am unless you WANT to or you will end up resenting, you have choices.

It's not for everyone. I like the person who said, mark a spot 30 days from now on your calender and if changes have not happened and your still feeling the same way-make changes. Kids pick right up on our emotions and that in itself can make for stress.

Be organized, have a plan. I often spend off time planning for the week. I try to do it all on daycare hours but it does not always happen. Good luck