View Single Post
WImom 08:29 AM 10-10-2013
I have a 26m old DCB who is constantly wrecking my things. Ripping books (board books - trying to peel them apart), every single ride on car has the stickers peeled off, my wood kitchen has some of the decorations peeled off. He picks up the plastic table chairs and throws them, he tips over the baby doll crib, plastic kids table, etc.

My posters, circle time items, anything basically on my walls is getting worn on all the sides, corners because he can't leave them alone. Attempting to peel puzzle pictures off.

I have had all of these things in my room for years and no problems. This kid is here for a month and it's all getting broken.

I tried the Superyard so I could get things done with other kids, make lunch, he's okay for about 30 seconds and then he starts throwing things out of it and moving the thing all over the place, banging it on the wall.

Also, when I try to talk to him he WILL NOT look at me. He will just start repeating what every item is near. (Ie: I was telling him - We use nice hands with the books, books are for looking at - he is looking else where and saying Backpack over and over since we were by his backpack.) I feel like nothing I say is working.

EVERYTHING goes in the mouth - yesterday we were doing do a dots and I was right next to him, turned my back for a minute to help another child and turn around and he's got 1/2 the thing in his mouth sucking on the paint part!! I feel like he was getting better with mouthing and now it's soo bad again! I did tell him he had to be done painting because it was in his mouth. I say toys are for playing, not for eating atleast 100 times a day and he fills out "yucky bucket" up daily.

For the past four days when he is hurting friends or my things - I bring him to the table with a few little people (He can't break those) and tell him he can't play with my toys (or friends) if he is not being nice with them.

I have a feeling if I went to his house all of his toys, books, etc are probably trashed!!