View Single Post
cheerfuldom 01:56 PM 10-10-2013
holy cow. there is no way i would put up with this. if I could not get a child to show some progress in a month, I would absolutely let them go. sounds like he is really destructive and probably, someone is going to get hurt. you said he is picking up furniture and throwing it? are you sure you really want to keep working with this child?

I had one child that was really getting destructive and luckily, the mom decided to stay at home right before I was going to term. I stopped by their house a few months after that as the mom and I remained friends....this child's room was completely destroyed, there was broken things everywhere and blood on the walls! I was so shocked. This is a nice, middle class family and you would never think that they would allow so much trash and destruction in the house. I was speechless. I know this child eventually started preschool but they held her back one year for kindergarten. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she gets flagged special needs at some point.