Thread: Funerals
View Single Post
mountainside13 06:58 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by Cccdcia:
So just found out my aunt passed away not for sure when arrangements will be,and not sure when to tell dcp do I wait till I know more? Then I already know how a couple of them will act:/
I am so sorry for your loss!!! If it's ok, my prayers are with you and your family!! If you have a good relationship with your parents I would give them a heads up and tell them that when you know the date you will let them know. If it's not a good relationship I would wait until you know the date before you say anything.

Originally Posted by dapb45:
My dad passed away in 2002. At that time I was charging 52 weeks a yr, but had not specifically written "funerals" in my contract with emergency days. I had a dcp call my parents and try to get them not to pay and had a couple join her. Amidst my traumatic life full of grief, my backbone said "you ALL pay or else"....They all paid, but the relationship was never the same and they left shortly thereafter. I now have funerals listed in with my funeral days, but regardless my 52 weeks charging should suffice.

Funny thing, I saw that parent later on and she apologized because her brother had recently passed away and she said she knew now how I felt......What goes around comes around! You take care of you and your family....... Do not let parents make you feel bad!
I am livid for you that a parent did that to you!!! If that happened to me I would still be angry and hold a grudge 12 years later. I'm sorry you lost your dad!!