View Single Post
melilley 10:29 AM 03-14-2014
Please don't feel bad about this. Biting happens sometimes with this age group. If dcm can't understand that, then maybe dck isn't meant for group care. You were sitting right there, sometimes things happen, we can't prevent every little thing from happening. I would like to see these parents who say these things watch multiple kids and catch every little thing. She has to understand that you are a fcc and it's only you. You have to get things done, it's group care. It's not like you tried to hide it or anything. I hope she doesn't give you any grief over it, it's not like it happened multiple time.

My ds bit a child the other day. They were playing and he just did it. I'll admit, I was making lunch or something and didn't see it happen, but things happen. My dcm was understanding, but if she hadn't been, I think I would have had to have her decide if group care was for her.

I did have one dck who used to bite, luckily parents were understanding. I did have to put him on a plan of action, so I had him with me everywhere I went for a while. He eventually grew out of it. Obviously if it's a chronic problem that's a different story, but every once in a while is normal.

My licensing office gives out literature about biting and daycare. It's great to have some kind of back up when you have to explain that biting (if not constantly) is developmentally normal for a toddler.

Sorry so long!