View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:28 PM 03-18-2016
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
So let's say a dck stayed home with a fever one day. The parent calls you that same day and says dck hasn't had a fever since 10:00 am without meds and they'll be back tomorrow at 7am. So technically child hasn't beven fever free for a whole day, but they were out a whole day from daycare. Do you make them stay home the whole next day or let them come back?
I am super strict about my illness policy.
I firmly believe I have little to no illness because of it.
I have 12 kids daily, age 13 mos to age 5 and live in Minnesota so trust me when I say that (very little illness) is a big deal.... lol!

I would tell the family that being fever free without meds since 10 am is NOT a FULL 24 hours and since I require a FULL 24 hours (not 20 or 22 but 24) the child may not return.

Of course, I have a "back up" clause in my illness policy (24/48 hour rule) that would certainly impact the parent's decision to bring the child or not.

If they sent the child the following day and the child was sent home, they would be excluded for 48 hours and not be allowed to return without a Dr's note.

If they choose to not push my policy of requiring 24 FULL hours, they would be golden to bring the child and not face the possibility of missing additional time out.