Thread: Sick Day Policy
View Single Post
LysesKids 02:22 PM 01-24-2018
Originally Posted by Homebody:
So, I just recently changed my policies to include sick days after having to deal with certain parents trying to bring in their child when sick. They only get a credit if they provide a doctors note proving the child was sick. My hope is that if they are not charged for the day then they will be more likely to keep their child at home, and avoid getting my own kids sick, myself, and husband. We had to shut down the daycare a year ago because we all got sick at the same time, which was a huge loss of income. I would rather lose income of one child being absent then lose the income from all my clients from being shut down. I also raised the rates by $10 per week to help cover the loss of any absences. The number of sick days they receive is based on the number of days of attendance. So if they come 5 days they get 5 sick days, or if only 3 days they get 3 sick days.

I haven't had anyone use sick days yet, since I just recently changed it. So, we will see how it goes. I can always change it back if I start to have any problems.
I offer half credit on next months fees (for days missed) if a child needs to be out 5 or more consecutive days for illness; that said I need the Dr's note provided within first 48 hrs otherwise I assume they were just trying to take vacay days if you know what I mean lol. No note, no discount regardless of reason (I get paid monthly)