View Single Post
Unregistered 12:00 AM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by 284878:
Having an interview via Zoom, I need to do that.

Second your payment of weekly and monthly sounds confusing. I had a family that asked to make alternate payment schedule to my weekly schedule. I said I didn't care as long as they were always paid ahead.

For me, if a family wants 4 days sometimes but three all the time, this is what I do. I write the contract both ways, for three and four days and let them know if they want to make sure the fourth day is always available, they must pay for it.
On the three day contract I write 3 days will cost xx and paid weekly. Each add on day will be an additional xx paid within 24 hours after approved with no refunds and are not always garunteed. Switching days are not allowed. Request for an add on day must be in writing.
Basically I treat add on days like drop in and charge accordingly. Since I prefer add on over drop in, add on takes priority.
Anyways, this way doesn't lock me into a contract and I can fill the day with another child or they can buy the day weekly and switch to a four day contract.

Also I start doing this and ended up with Fridays off, aka closed Fridays and only being opened when I want to on Friday. Yes if they are not following my rules, I will and have refused their request.

I think I'll stick with Zoom for initial meets--nobody has to make a drive and know where I live if it isn't a good fit. I'm also going to have a "bring your kid" rule. The guy originally said he would bring her--not reading my ad that stated Zoom meet--and then did not.

When I was a Director I had children on crazy schedules--and especially in a before/after setting, that allowed for "under an hour" and "over an hour" I knew it all like the back of my hand--all the rates per session, and I had kids with very odd schedules.
Simplest odd schedule: M, T, Th PM for two children.
Some would be like: M, T AM, W PM, E/O Th AM and maybe PM.
And one family had three kid, all of whom had different schedules like
Kid A: M AM under an hour, T PM over an hour, and so on.
Kid B: Completely Different
Kid C: Completely different
*2 weeks later mom switches it, after not abiding by schedule. I would be able to say "OK, You scheduled Tuesday as such, but you did not attend, but you attended Friday that you're not scheduled for at the same rate as Tuesday, except that one session you attended over an hour instead of under, so what I'll do is only charge that over an hour difference."

Confusing, huh? LOL, I am a pro at funky schedules!

I just don't WANT to do them anymore. Parents got really crazy and don't get it is a space situation. So I am charging per month, due on the 1st. Parents are provided a daily rate because there is no set month rate since they don't have to be full time.

But, since I don't have a wait list, and I knew it was summer-only, I wanted to be flexible. Would this be less confusing:

*Parent wants M-W each week, and some Thursdays.*
July tuition ([3 days a week, $30/day x 13 days] + [1 day 'holding space' $20 x 5 days]) = $X <--put that invoice out at the end of June, payments due the 1st. (Alternatively, I could put the 3 days a week part as $X, the holding space part as $Y, and add them together as what is due.

*Parent sends schedule on July 3rd for following week, saying they will attend on July 9th.*

I sent an invoice for $10 (the difference between the $30 rate and the pre-paid holding rate of $20) and it must be paid prior to attendance, regardless of cancellation.

*Following week, parent does not need care; no new invoice*