Thread: Celiacs Disease
View Single Post
Greenplasticwateringcans 06:55 AM 05-08-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I have a family that is interested in starting with me in June. The 2 children ages 2 and 4 both have celiacs disease.

I am NOT at all familiar with it and was wondering if anyone could fill me in.

I am trying to decide if it is going to be tough to manage/deal with or something that is not a big deal.

I AM on the food program but family has offered to provide meals.

I would just like to be able to have enough information to make an educated decision on whether or not this is something I can and am willing to do.

Thanks ladies!
My daughter is has Celiac disease. At it's worst she was having such severe tummy issues she couldn't walk and once she was screaming and we rushed her to the ER. She was off everything for a few months which rebooted her system and gave her time to heal. Now she can tolerate little amounts like wheat in a sauce or using the same cutting board for breads and even occasionally pasta but she's old enough to know not to overdue it.

I would have no issue taking on celiac children especially ones coming to care with their own food. If treats are an issue mom could just give you some gluten free cupcakes to freeze and you could bring them out on the treat days.