View Single Post
midaycare 01:10 PM 08-02-2015
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
I use Mother Goose Time, but even if I didn't purchase their materials, I would follow their monthly themes because I LOVE them!

I used to do weekly themes and drove myself insane. Monthly is so much better! Here is my daily schedule:

8:30 Circle time--we have a set of three songs that we sing every morning: Good morning song, days of the week, months of the year. On Mondays we add the Little Helper song when we assign "jobs". I let them dance to one other song where we shake out our wiggles. Then we all sit down in a circle and talk about what we did yesterday, and what we're going to do today.

8:45 Write/color in our journals. Write the date/our name/phrase of the day depending on the age. Younger ones just write the letter of the day, and color a picture.

9:00 First lesson--MGT provides these, but easy to sub. We either do a math component or a literacy component

9:20 Second lesson--Science, art, etc

9:50 Center 1 (Usually manipulatives, tanograms, etc)
10:10 Center 2 (Something that goes along with our literacy component, "fishing" for letters in rice, painting letters with Qtips, etc)
10:30 Center 3 (Something fun! Water table, play kitchen, etc)

10:50 Third lesson--Geography, social studies, or more literacy/math

11:15--Clean up, then Goodbye Song last.
I use MGT too. I your circle time! Mine is in serious need of revamping. How old are your kids?