View Single Post
Unregistered 11:39 AM 03-02-2011
Thank you for posting your concern about these kids potentially being in danger and don't listen to anyone telling you to mind your own business. Your original post was that you were concerned about these kids because the provider told you she's on disability because she has an autoimmune disease that causes her to get really tired. If her disability is preventing her from working a full time job outside her home, then I don't feel she's fit to take care of children during the day with this type of disability. You're not put on disability with anything slight - it's gotta be completely restrictive to the point where you can't work. Anyone with this type of condition isn't fit to watch children, even on a part time basis. I know people with conditions like that who put their kids in daycare full time for the children's safety. In an emergency, the provider may not be able to handle the situation. And, if she gets tired easily, she has probably slept while the kids are in her care - which is a huge danger. I would definately report what she told you both to your state's local daycare licensing agency (anonymously) and would also report her to the state disability agency (anonymously). Both will investigate her. Any center daycare can give you the licensing agency number and any social worker or doctor's office can give you the disability phone number. If she's in compliance with the extra pay allowances, the agency may require her to get a written doctor's evaluation to determine whether she can effectively perform childcare/daycare duties - disability requires that working within the set restrictions as determined in writing by a doctor, so if she's working outside of those, she will lose her disability because it's considered disability fraud. I think everyone here will agree that childcare is one of the most mentally and physically demanding jobs out there and there's very few disabilities that would allow providers to perform to their fullest in an emergency. Just think how guilty you'll feel if you don't say something and something happens to any of those kids while in her care.