Thread: I Need Help..
View Single Post
Christian Mother 08:14 AM 02-03-2012
I have a situation I put my self in and I am at a loss as to how to rectify it...

I have 2 part timers...

**1 family started a few months ago replacing one family that pulled bc mom went on maternity leave and was exspected to be out for over a month and then would only bring on occasion on fri's if there was availability.

When I signed up new family...(infant dcg) we signed a contract giving her access to the whole week but not having to pay for full time care. This was being before the Christmas season and mom works in retail. So when the season hit she was taking almost the full week.

Other family wants to come back and I don't have room. I told her that I could give her the days that this new family has off. But that it would kind of be on a notice bases as she can get me a schedule for 2 wks on each sund. for the following 2 wks.

We tried this out for a month maybe more...and it isn't working out well at all. One family has happily given her Fri. so her son can participate here but the new family is just having a rough time with her schedule. Her days are all over the place.

So to make this story short mom came over last night asking me to talk with this mom about getting her to give her every monday. What she really would like access to is MWF's but she has settled on Mondays and Fri's are already given to her by another family.

Here's my problem. I feel awful for one...I have tried to work with her and the other mother but I told her I have her on contract giving her access to the who week. That was our agreement. This mother did not know that. She felt frustrated bc when we signed I made her commit to certain days. Heres the kicker you guys...All of you know that my husband has been out of work since Oct. well this family has graciously supplied my husband with work to help support my family not only that..they provide us a extra truck for the work plus money to support us. My money here helps out A LOT!! But they are wonderful in helping out...I want to do the same but I have expressed to her I have tried and broke down crying that I feel awful bc I know these things and she was crying to bc the alternative is pulling him completely bc she doesn't just want to send him once a week it isn't fair to everyone involved plus it's hard on the little guy.

A little back ground on this family...this is the very first daycare they have ever used and little guy has come a LONG way. He has come to me with some issues like napping and behavior. But this child in my care is just wonderful...he is that one child that when you invest love and care and patience becomes just ones of those childs that forever rests in your heart. I want so much to help and give her that mon. but that involves asking the other mom to give up mond.

On the good hand...that mom is a manager for her store and can make her own schedule but she does have to compete with other managers as well.

How do I sit this mother day and explain to her I need her to give up EVERY mond.

I've already told the parents I will not go over ratio every...I am only allowed 4. It's all I can handle on my own. I don't want to bend the rules and allow 5 on Mond.

Sorry so long...I hope you get where I am conflicted...I am supposed to talk to her soon in the next hr. and I'd like to talk to her feeling prepared.

Can I get your help COWORKERS?