View Single Post
MyAngels 01:35 PM 12-31-2011
Originally Posted by Azra11:
Sahm1225, Thank you for the tip! I already have my packet from DCFS and my check list only asks for my 15hrs of training (including SIDS, CPR/First Aid, shaken baby and mandated reporter), references, some signed forms, a written hazard plan, and a copy of H.S. diploma. What happens AFTER I turn all this in? By reading some other threads I found out I will need to be completely set-up prior to receiving my license. Is there anything else they will ask me for? Do I need to make a list of only the toys? Books too?
You should check with your licensing rep to find out what they want from you on their inspection visit. I'm in Illinois, too, and I've never had a rep ask me for a list of toys (or a list of anything else, for that matter), so I assume each individual rep has their own way of doing things.

Once you've turned in your paperwork your rep will call you to set up a time for your site inspection. They will come and go through your house and let you know if there is anything you need to do to meet state standards. Once you've complied with whatever requests they have, they'll mail you a letter letting you know that you will be receiving your license shortly. I've never had it take long than a couple of weeks, but I'm also downstate so it may take longer in the bigger counties.

I'm sure you've already read these, but just in case here's a link to the Licensing Standards for Illinois: http://www.state.il.us/dcfs/docs/406.pdf