View Single Post
LysesKids 05:58 AM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Okay it is probably my resistance to social media change, but all that linking sounds complicated! I am not really using CL anymore. The closest "site" is 50 miles from me. And I have found people around here just don't use it much. I did get one person from it last summer though. And every time I post there, I get scammers! Maybe I will try it again though. I keep hoping a new site with less spammers will come along. CL seems to be crawling with them. Every time I post I get the "well I am moving from another country but if you send me your info I will send you a nice fat check".
That's why you don't list a phone or email for contact on CL... I list my website address only; no spamming lol. I learned that years ago. The weblink works on other online advertising also so my personal info doesn't go out to people that don't need it. I'm a single person ( kids grown & gone) if I don't stay full I don't pay bills because it is only me.

Having a website has really been a lifesaver because I can link it to any online ad including local stuff. We have a FB page in each county here that has allowed people to sell stuff or advertise small business like childcare... see if your area does that.