View Single Post
momof3 05:58 AM 12-11-2008
i disagree with you about the holidays. I am a provider and it is clearly spelled out in my contract the holidays I get paid for. And yes, most parents do get paid holidays from their jobs, why shouldn't I. I have been on both sides of this. I am 41 and have been doing daycare for 6 years. I worked a very professional full time job before this. And I have to say, doing daycare is harder than any "career" position I have ever had. There is alot of crap to deal with. Although I get paid for my holidays, I do feel bad sometimes getting paid for them, but I wouldn't be able to pay my bills if I didn't, and I do feel that I should get some time off with just my kids. Raising prices is not an option. Providers need to charge the going rate or they won't have any business. I highly suggest looking around at other daycares, you may find that they all have basically the same policies, and alot don't even take part time kids at all. You said you need her all day on Friday. It would be very difficult for her to find another child who only need care m-th in the a.m. You may want to go to a center, but you will probably pay more for the part time hours there, then you are paying full-time with her.