View Single Post
Persephone 08:35 AM 07-12-2010
I agree that it's not impossible. But since he's not showing signs I don't think it's going to happen in one week.

Babies are born with the instinct to not soil themselves. But in this century we just put babies in diapers to make it easier on us.

When my son was a baby I did baby pottying. He was not trained but I knew when he needed to go and I put him on the potty and he peed and pooped there, somedays almost every movement for that day. I used cloth diapers at this time.

I was working part time and the caregiver had no interested in doing it with him (he was under a year) I didn't push it with her to do it. I understood that she would not be able to read my son like I could.

We were in underwear the summer he was 15 months. He could tell me he needed to go most of the time. For me it was money saving to use underwear with rubber pants over them and not waste it on diapers. But it was me...not a caregiver. As a stay at home mom I could put that time in.

He was pee trained before two. Poop was a different story. But that only happened once a day.