View Single Post
nannyde 05:10 AM 08-06-2010
Originally Posted by Heather:
What do you think about training a 12 month old ? That couldnt even walk yet......and couldnt even talk yet......I have a mom that is a potty training NAZI - this is literally ALLLLL she talks about every single day

This 12 month old is now almost 2 - we have been trying to train her for almost a year...she is still not trained.
You can't let parents fixate on stuff like this with you.

You have to be able to set some boundries of what they can do to consume your time. Constanly talking about it is forcing you to conference with her about it. I'm sure you didn't figure THAT into your fee for a one year old.

The best way to get this to stop is to attach fees to it. You can tell them you don't have this built into your fees and that you will need an extra XX dollars per week to cover the cost of the one to one care of the child who is training with the parents system they want you to do AND the cost of the parent conference to discuss the outcomes (or lack thereof). Attach a big hefty fee to it... like 30 bucks a week.

You say it like this "Oh yeah... potty training... okay now I don't have potty training a young toddler like this built into my fees but I have had a few parents request this additional service. Tell me what method you want me to do". Then the parent tells you to put the kid on the potty every half hour or something crazy like that.. and then you say "Okay... I can do that and that will be an extra 30 dollars a week for the extra one to one time for the pottying and the parent conference time to discuss how it worked every day".

Soon as you throw money into it they will just work on it at home.