View Single Post
Unregistered 01:27 PM 10-21-2008
Originally Posted by lilbiddapopcorn:
I understand that, i'm a daycare provider myself. I just think saying you'd feel sorry for the kids if she had any was a little overboard. It's just a discussion board, there's no need to take it so far. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and none of us are forced to work with parents that we don't feel are treating us fairly. I think most of us find the parents that don't appreciate their providers end up jumping around from provider to provider until they've exhausted their options and maybe they'll think about how much they really need child care providers. But if anyone should be equipped with more patience than others it should be us child care providers. Nobody gets their opinion across effectively by throwing insults.

But to the parents who don't agree with me taking paid days off, they don't have to bring their children to my home. They sign a contract, I go over it with them, and most of them get it. I'm not superwoman. I need "me time" just like every other person in this world. And I do a great job with the children I take care of, so I do feel like I deserve sick days without having to worry about pro-rating fees.
I couldn't have said it better myself!