View Single Post
Meeko 12:31 PM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by unregistered:
i would just like to say that us caregivers also have costs related to our jobs........food(to feed your kids not mine), transportation (if you do before and after school), damage to our homes and things in our homes(caused by your children), carpet cleaning (that has to be done at least once a month), education (because you do have to have some type of it), toys ( i could go on forever). Adding in that my home is open to your children 72 hrs a week i sometimes have these kids more than there own parents!!! Oh and for only pennies on the dollar, because if we charged what we are entitled to daycare would be to expensive for anyone! So yes i will take a paid vacation and sick days off cause lets face it, most of the time its your children getting us sick! I have 15 years experience i think that entitles me to a paid vacation! I just suggest that you always read your contract if paid sick days and vacation is added in to the contract and you don't like it go somewhere else! I am a daycare provider not a babysitter!!
amen!!!!!!!!