View Single Post
MommyMuffin 07:18 AM 09-23-2010
Originally Posted by DCMom:
Friday was the last day for one of my favorite, long time families (8 years). Long story short, they decided to pull the girls (5 & 8) out of dc for the summer and hired a high school girl. I was very sad and hurt at first, but they were going to leave in the fall anyway because of school so I just looked at it as leaving early. Why am I posting in the 'positive' thread?

Dcm called this morning just to tell me that she missed me already because she had went home at lunch time (today was the first day with the new arrangement) and her house was a complete and total disaster~she said she wasn't sure if this was a good decision or not! She was completely serious, LOL

Then she asked if I had read the card she had given me on Friday; embarrassed I said no (I hadn't opened it because I was too sad to read it), so I grabbed it as I was talking to her and opened it...what falls out? A large bonus check! I was speechless. I had been talking about a fountain for the back yard and she told me to use the check to buy it~and think of her girls when I look at it. Isn't that sweet?

If every family appreciated us like that, we wouldn't need venting threads. Honestly.
That is so sweet I have tears in my eyes. You must be one of those providers that just go above and beyond to make children and parents feel good. Congrats!! You should post a pic of the fountain.