View Single Post
blessedmess8 12:01 PM 08-26-2011
Originally Posted by logged out for privacy:
Ok, im sure some of you will be able to figure out who I am because Im a regular, but,.. not sure if this parents reads this forum so please shhhhhh. =-)

I have a parent who returned a survey for an important event. They didnt seal it good, and the flap came up. I had the envelope upside down on my desk. I was cleaning my desk, saw an open envelope and popped out the page. I really didnt mean to. I folded it up and popped it back in, but in doing so a flash of text caught my eye. "I wish she told us what she was doing with our children"

I didnt read further, popped it in, sealed it, and put it away.

now, I have a daycare fb page, I send monthly newsletters, I send pictures and texts through the day, my entry has schedules, photos, projects that we have done, examples of their masterpieces. I have a digital photo frame that has pics from our days on it. This is a mom I see maybe 3 times a month as her sister, brother in law pick up and hubby drops off. what more can I do?? this is an important evaluation. Im both hurt and confused.

I cant confront her because she did attempt to seal the envelope, it just didnt seal right. However, I dont know what more she wants.
Just an idea: I did my own parent survey, using www.surveymonkey.com. Then, after I got the results, which were anonymous, I addressed any complaints or concerns as an e-mail to the entire group. I had a parent say they wished I had a fenced in area for the kids to play in! I DO!!! - had to in order to be licensed!
That allowed me to tell MY side of things! It sounds like she is grasping at straws here! But, I'm like you. I have a Facebook just for daycare parents, a website, send texts, pictures, e-mails all the time, and send out written daily reports and STILL had parents complain about communication. Sometimes you just have to know you're doing all you can do and let it roll off your back!!