View Single Post
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:15 AM 09-10-2009
no Mac 60,.. its horrific here as far as unemployment. we were at 19.2% in June, not sure what it is now. Elkhart is bad,.. but we are worse I believe. Gee what a claim to fame,.. =-( My own DH was laid off in Jan with a promise of a return position when things picked up. and we waited 12 weeks before we realized either he found a job or we seperated. lol. He is just in the way here, lol Unemployment checks or not he took a 5 dollar an hour pay cut from his prev job,.. is making less than he did on unemployment,.. but is out of the house and that makes a happy marriage. But a few years ago when local factories cut their pay,.. I started accepting recession safer families. Dentist, Pediatrician, nurses, etc,... Ive got that family base now. Not one full time factory family. And,... people WILL go back to work. This country is stronger than the current economy. The American spirit is strong and proud in Central Indiana. We will have to readjust, the days of getting out of highschool, getting on at a local factory making 18-30 dollars an hour are over. as it should be. Right along with no doc home loans and the body I had in highschool. but I promise, we will get through this. One day at a time,... sometimes one hour at a time. It is preprogrammed into the human race to survive. and that is what we do. Maybe not the same ways, in the same habits,.. but we will get through.