Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Country Kids 01:01 PM 06-25-2012
Originally Posted by Lyss:
UGH! our neighbors (by neighbors I mean the people a block away) partied until 2am when the police finally shut them down. The noise was terrible! Kept me, my husband, and 6mo old up as well as most of the neighbors.

THEN...

after we had all successfully returned to sleep at 3:00am I hear a loud banging, pictures on our wall begin shaking, and we hear the sound of rushing water. Apparently there is a water main directly in front of our house (runs underneath) and it burst, sending water gushing across our lawn and down the street! So a city water crew shows up at 3:30am and begins cutting concrete and replacing the main.

And while that's going on the drunks from the party down the street (who where actually the ones that reported the burst main to the city first) come down and begin cussing out and trying to fight the city workers trying to fix the main, cop show up and there's a huge scuffle... more cops...

Finally at 6:00am the cops had carted the drunks away, the main was fixed, and all was quiet. So I got to sleep from 6:15 to 7:45 then up for DCKs to arrive.

I thought that was it! But wait it's not. The city just showed up to replace the temporary fix they placed on the main... DCK just went down for nap I can't wait for tomorrow!
Our street sweeper ALWAYS goes by twice during naptime! It never has failed in 17 years.