View Single Post
misol 08:47 AM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by Daycare Mommy:
You've got to be kidding me! I do NOT make tons of money and I doubt anyone on here does. I charge an average rate for where I live and only made $25k last year TOTAL watching 5 children. That was working 50+ hours per week BEFORE EXPENSES. Out of that I paid for the children's meals, activities, new toys, books, equipment, etc. so my actual income was much less!

That is an absolutely disgusting suggestion. Even worse than the suggestion that we rinse it in the sink where the children have to wash their hands. Do you think that makes the underwear more sanitary to swirl around in my toilet before I bag it?

If I were a daycare parent I'd tell the provider to toss the underwear if the poop was at all smooshed into it. I would never in a million years expect anyone to rinse or scrub my "potty-trained" child's underwear even if I had deluded myself into thinking they were pocketing "tons" of money.
I totally agree with this.

Originally Posted by nannyde:
I would be happy to do your suggestion if I got paid. I think five bucks a swirl would get me to do it. Parents willing to poney up for the Ick factor? Bring em on. Otherwise they go straight into the garbage and the kid goes back in diapers.

I don't build in underwear salvage into my daily rate so even though I do make "tons of money" it's not enough to get me to do it for free.
I am cracking up at "five bucks a swirl"

Funny though, when I was young I remember my babysitter doing exactly this. She would change my little brother's DISPOSEABLE diaper and if he pooped she would rinse it out in the toilet bowl with her bare hands, wring it out, then wrap the diaper in itself and throw it away. Since I was 9 at the time, I would sometimes change him while were at her house and just throw the poopy diaper in the bathroom trash. So, she showed me one day how she wanted me to handle the poopy diapers. She said that she did it that to cut down on the smell. I was NOT doing that so from that point forward, I just let her change all the poopy diapers after that LOL. It's WAY more sanitary to just take out the trash daily if you want to cut down on the smell. The crazy thing was that we lived in an apartment building and the trash incinerator was just 4 doors down from her!