View Single Post
Unregistered 10:38 AM 04-02-2013
I take care of two children and my daughter. The boy is 11months old, he has some health issues. His airways are smaller than what they should be. He always sounds congested, but mom says its normal and if it starts to sound like popcorn in his chest give him his inhalor. Any ways, the mom told me they babied him at home and she appologizes now. I have had him for 3weeks, Tuesday -Thursday. I cant walk away from him with out him crying. I will walk from the high chair to the kitchen sink...2 steps away and he will cry so hard he starts coughing and choking on his saliva. He barely crawls, he will sit by himself, but definately not developing like my other kids. Most of them all already pulling them self up walking around the coffee table. He is no where near that and I think its because he is always being held at home. Its getting tough on me because, I do have to just let him cry at times, where I need to cook lunch for the other kids and myself or help the other kids with other things. I have no other choice. but to let him cry, and it kills me to do that. I dont want to have to let him go, his sister is a really great little girl, very smart and for her age of 2years old. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or things I could try to get him more comfortable here. When he crys I know he is not hungry or needs a change, his chest doesnt soubd like popcorn, he just wants me to hold him and I cant do that all the time. Help!